Fall is upon us, although it’s been in the 20’s and 30’s here in LA (talking Celsius here so that’s 80’s and 90’s in Fahrenheit).
Literally when I feel the slightest bit of cool breeze, out come the boots and cardies!
One of my favourite colours to wear this season is mustard yellow. It’s warm, vibrant and has a classic touch to it, it doesn’t go out of style. Although I will say I can find it to be hit or miss depending on the piece.
It is a strong colour, you don’t want it to clash with other pieces you wear, so styling it in a way it doesn’t look too overbearing is ideal.
With my current mustard yellow obsession, I wanted to share my Top 10 online finds with pieces currently in stores if you’re looking to warm up your wardrobe this season:
1. I love this cowel neck cardy from my mothership store, Zara. Probably 80% of my wardrobe is Zara. This is a great piece to throw on, wear with a dress or jeans and boots. And for this price I am ordering one of these myself!
2. A nice pair of tailored trousers are valuable staples in the wardrobe. I adore these trousers (pants!), with a nice fitted sweater, styled with a thin silky scarf, heels, it can make for a great dinner look.
3. As everyone begins to get into the holiday spirit, it’s always handy to have a few pieces on hand in the wardrobe for us to wear to said festivities! This ponte shift dress is a perfect example, especially if you are looking for something that you can transition from day to night.
During the day, you can style this with a pair of tights and cute flats and a tote. And to transition in to the night, just throw on some heels, grab a clutch, add some more glam jewelry and you’re good to go. But I wouldn’t wear too many accessories so not to take away from the sparkles on the neckline.
4. If you’re looking to wear more muted colors and add smaller pops of color through your accessories, a great purse like this one is a perfect way to do so.
I love the single tassel detail in the front!
5. For a smaller (but adorable) pop of color, this faux fur pom pom is the perfect accessory, and all the rage this season.
6. As fun as accessories are, they won’t keep us warm during the colder months.
I get bored of just wearing pants and/or jeans, and the winter won’t stop me from wearing skirts and dresses, but to keep warm, tights are a big part of my winter wardrobe. These yellow denier tights may be bold, but with some black booties and black shift dress (for example), it would make for an adorable look.
7. While on the topic of staying warm, an easy way to add some mustard to your seasons wardrobe collection is with a scarf.
And this one looks so cosy and with it being long in length it’s so nice to cosy up with.
8. This is more of a note to myself, to get myself some nicer sweaters, ones that aren’t just casual and oversized for lazy winter days. I need to get nice ones that can be dressed up, even if wearing with a pair of jeans and heels, that can be glammed up whether it’s for happy hour, for date night, or heading to a friendsgiving brunch for instance.
I am obsessed with the neckline and detail on this sweater. I also love the color, it’s not too yellow, and would look lovely with either gold or silver accessories. And at this price, it’s a steal!
9. Speaking of jazzing up a look with a sweater and heels, how about these beautiful block heels?
I can’t wear heels for too long, especially thinner heels, but this block heel tends to be far more comfortable.
10. Last but not least on my list, is this blouse I am seriously crushing on. This can be worn year round, besides the fact that it’s very hard for me not to love anything from Zara.
Style this with pants or jeans, or you can wear it tucked in to a high waisted pencil skirt. However you prefer, it’s flattering for most shapes and sizes! I personally love flowy blouses especially on days I feel a little more bloated.
What’s your favourite colour this season?